To access your tracking code from within your Google Analytics account:
- Log in to Google Analytics at http://www.google.com/analytics
- From the Overview page, select the account that has the profile for the tracking code you’re looking for, as the code is profile-specific.
- Select the profile from the accounts Overview page.
- From that profile’s Actions column, click Edit
- At the top right of the ‘Main Website Profile Information’ box, click Check Status
- Your tracking code can be copied and pasted from the text box in the Instructions for adding tracking section
When adding your tracking code to your web pages, make sure to paste it into the body section of your HTML code, immediately preceding the </body> tag if you use the ga,js code. If you use the asynchronous code, you should add it immediately preceding the </head> tag.